We’re looking for talented volunteer contributors for the VIVAS website.
VIVAS (formerly Vegan Women’s Leadership Network) is a global community and content hub that aims to amplify the voices of vegan women leaders, celebrate their achievements, and help them become the best versions of themselves.
Our community is made up of vegan women and female-identifying leaders from all walks of life, including CEOs, entrepreneurs, community leaders and advocates, investors, venture capitalists, non-profit founders and staff, corporate employees, politicians, athletes, lawyers, academics, authors and other creatives, coaches, consultants, journalists and more. They work in all sectors from food and biotech to fashion, beauty, entertainment and advocacy.
Along with our podcast Conversations with Vegan Women Leaders, we share inspiring stories about and relevant to vegan women leaders on the website. We focus on content that empowers and uplifts our community.
***This opportunity is most suitable for writers either at the beginning of their writing/journalism career, or for experts in particular areas who can write and want to raise their profile.
Content must be original but you’re welcome to republish it on other platforms 48 hours after it’s been published on VIVAS.
What we need
We’re looking for a diverse range of contributors who have the skills to write:
• News stories
• Feature articles
• Interviews with vegan women leaders (Q&A format)
• Profiles of vegan women leaders
Ideal applicants will:
Be fluent in English
Have decent spelling and grammar
Strong writing skills
Be able to commit to a minimum of one article a month (500-1000 words), more often if you want to
What you’ll gain
While this is a volunteer opportunity at the moment, benefits of being a VIVAS contributor include:
• Be featured as a contributor on the team page with your photo and bio
• Feedback, guidance and suggestions from VIVAS founder Katrina Fox, an experienced journalist of 25 years (and former Forbes contributor)
• Your author bio with your website and social media links at the bottom of your articles
• Your content shared on our social media channels and email newsletters
• Build your online portfolio to help increase your opportunities to get paid writing gigs
• Raise your profile and position yourself as an expert/thought leader to leverage other opportunities
How to apply
Fill out this application form: http://bit.ly/vwlncontributor