It was a pleasure to interview serial social entrepreneur and member Sonalie Figueiras, the founder and editor-in-chief of Green Queen, an award-winning impact media platform advocating for social and environmental change in Hong Kong – and one of our partners.
Green Queen started as a blog and is now currently Asia’s largest plant-based media platform. Its mission is to shift consumer behaviour through inspiring and empowering original content.
Sonalie is also the founder and CEO of Ekowarehouse, a global sourcing platform for certified organic products, with a mission to make safe, quality food accessible and affordable for the whole planet.
With over a decade of experience in publishing, digital marketing, organic trade and health, and sustainability, Sonalie is an eco-wellness industry veteran with a keen eye for market trends.
She’s also a sought-after international speaker and moderator, sharing her expertise on stages across Asia and beyond, including TEDx and Harvard Business School.
In this interview – which is also available to listen to on the Vegan Business Talk podcast, Sonalie discusses:
• How she grew the audience for her blog and turned it into an award-winning impact media platform
• How she monetised Green Queen to make it sustainable
• How a health issue led her to the path of eco-wellness and plant-based living
• Why she’s not a fan of the gig economy and chose to employ her staff and provide benefits to them
• How she handles the work-life ‘balance’ of being a serial entrepreneur and parent
• And much more
Visit the Green Queen website
Check out Ekowarehouse