In this episode of the Conversations with Vegan Women Leaders podcast, we interview Alexandra Paul, actor, activist and health coach.
Since the age of 18 Alexandra has worked in the entertainment industry. She’s has appeared in 100 feature films and TV shows, acting opposite some of the biggest names in Hollywood including Kevin Costner, Tom Hanks, Pierce Brosnan, Jeff Bridges and more.
She is internationally known for her 5-year starring role as Lt. Stephanie Holden in the hit TV series Baywatch.
Alexandra’s activism is just as diverse and prolific as her acting: She’s been involved in campaigns around the environment, voting rights, peace, AIDS, LGBTIQ issues, nuclear weapons, animal rights, simple living and overpopulation.
Her latest venture is her health coaching business. As a certified wellness coach, Alexandra helps people achieve their health and fitness goals.
And she walks her talk: She’s an accomplished athlete who’s completed several marathons, triathlons, and ocean swim races.
Alexandra is also the co-host of the Switch4Good podcast with Olympian Dotsie Bausch, in which the pair interview nutritionists, athletes, thought leaders and plant-based celebrities to help listeners on their journey to health through plant-based eating.
In this conversation Alexandra talks about:
• Her 12-year experience with anorexia and bulimia and how she overcame these by becoming her authentic self
• Her many arrests (she says she has a rap sheet longer than Lindsay Lohan’s!) for activism and why she’s willing to risk putting her freedom on the line
• The time Bishop Desmond Tutu congratulated her on breaking the law
• Her views on human over-population and the benefits of a one-child family
• The time she had to reshoot a lesbian love scene with a heterosexual one for the European market in one of the movies she starred in
• How her passion for social justice issues influence what acting gigs she takes on
• How to navigate the entertainment industry as a vegan
• And more
VEGAN WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP NETWORK