In this episode of Conversations with Vegan Women Leaders, we interview Marvita Washington, a former contestant on America’s Next Top Model – twice (2007 and 2008).
Originally from Anchorage, Alaska, she currently resides in New York City.
From sporty and tomboy, to high fashion and haute couture, Marvita is versatile when it comes to modeling different fashion genres.
In addition to modeling, she’s also the owner and chef of Marvita Vegan, a vegan restaurant and catering service that offers an assortment of healthy food options and drinks.
In this interview Marvita discusses:
• How she felt after being rejected in season 9 and cut from season 10 of America’s Next Top Model
• Why she shared openly and honestly on the show about the sexual abuse she experienced when she was younger – and the responses she got
• How she felt about how she was portrayed on the show
• How the show helped her improve her self-confidence and self-esteem
• How being on the show impacted her modeling career (the answer may surprise you)
• Her advice to anyone thinking about applying to be on a reality TV show
• Her vegan journey and the unusual reason she started her business
• And more
Visit the Marvita Vegan website
Follow Marvita on Instagram