In this episode of Conversations with Vegan Women Leaders, we interview Frances Gonzalez, the Founder and President of Vegan Wines, a vegan-friendly wine club, and Despacito Distributors, a plant-based wine distribution company.
Based between New York and Puerto Rico, Frances is an active member of Women of the Vine & Spirits, an organization that fosters a supportive environment for females in the alcoholic beverage industry.
She’s also the founder of VegFest Puerto Rico, a nonprofit established in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria.
In this interview Frances discusses:
• Growing up in the Bronx, New York, and how she became bilingual thanks to a kind teacher
• Running away from home, landing up in family court and group homes in her early teens
• How becoming pregnant at 16 and giving birth to twins changed her life – for the better
• Losing her home in New York 10 years ago after her property business failed and moving back to Puerto Rico to start again
• The devastating impact of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico and how this inspired her to create Vegfest Puerto Rico
• Her mission with Vegan Wines
• The experience of women in the alcoholic beverage industry
• And more
Visit the Vegan Wines website
Learn more about Vegan Wines’ equity crowdfunder
Check out Vegfest Puerto Rico (Facebook page)
Find out about Women of the Vine & Spirits