In this episode of Conversations with Vegan Women Leaders, we interview Jane Velez-Mitchell, the founder and content editor of JaneUnChained, a multi-platform animal rights and vegan lifestyle media outlet.
A TV journalist for decades, Jane’s experience includes reporting for the nationally syndicated show Celebrity Justice, and a six-year stint, hosting her own show on CNN Headline News, where she ran a weekly segment on animal issues.
Jane is the author of four books including her memoir iWant: My Journey from Addiction and Overconsumption to a Simpler, Honest Life, and Addict Nation: An Intervention for America.
Based in Los Angeles, Jane is also the producer and host of the award-winning vegan cooking show New Day New Chef on Amazon Prime.
In this interview Jane talks about:
• Her decades as a mainstream TV report and host
• The role alcohol played in her keeping her sexuality hidden
• Coming out as a lesbian while co-hosting a radio show – and the aftermath
• How being in relationships with women was different to being with men
• Sobriety and humility
• Why she started JaneUnchained and her predictions on the future of mainstream media
• And more
Visit the JaneUnchained.com website
Watch or listen to an interview with Jane on the Vegan Business Talk podcast about how she got her TV cooking show New Day New Chef onto Amazon Prime
Check out the environmental documentary Jane produced Countdown to Year Zero