In this Conversations with Vegan Women Leaders episode we interview Carolina Galvani, founder & CEO of animal advocacy organization Sinergia Animal in Brazil.
For 10 years until 2016, Carolina Galvani worked as an investigative journalist for some of the world’s most influential NGOs and environmental organisations including World Animal Protection, Compassion in World Farming, International Fund for Animal Welfare and Greenpeace.
She carried out research and produced campaigns, documentaries and reports in over 20 European, Asian and Latin American countries.
And many of her investigations were published by leading international media including The New York Times, the BBC, The Guardian, Channel 4 and Le Monde.
Three years ago Carolina founded Sinergia Animal in Brazil, an international animal protection organization working to end the worst practices of industrial animal agriculture, particularly in countries of the South including Southeast Asia and Latin America.
In this conversation Carolina talks about:
• How she landed on her career path and the work she’s done with NGOs
• The kinds of investigations she did and their outcomes
• The most dangerous and challenging assignment she did
• How she’s made sure her voice is heard in a masculine, patriarchal culture
• How she started her nonprofit, including some of the challenges she’s faced
• How she keeps herself emotionally healthy while being immersed in the immense suffering of animals
• And more
Visit the Sinergia Animal website
VEGAN WOMEN’S LEADERSHIP NETWORK